27 January 2011

Building Memories



I've made a concerted effort to "generate" memories for the family over the years. It can be expensive, and sometimes they may even turn into bad memories (e.g. the AFA vs BYU football game in Colo Springs this year when David told me, after the bad loss, that "this is the worst vacation you ever took me on!"). But last night was one of the great ones. Very much like our trip to Dallas to see BYU beat #3 ranked OK.

We paid 10x's the face value for our tickets ($5 face value, we paid $50 each), but when it was done, it was worth it! The crowd was amazing, Jimmer's 43 were amazing, the opening sequence (below) was amazing! The had a HUGE curtain from the rafters to the floor in a square, they played some movie clips on the curtain, and then they had some people inside there, and then they dropped the whole thing.

3 comments:

Emily said...

cool! I don't see any pictures below though. I wish I could afford to make some of those memories! Heh heh.

Holly or James said...

i shoulda gone... ugh. love the memories. i'm thinking I should take Caleb with me to Austin this next fall to watch Texas v. BYU.
-gym

ellen said...

those are some nice memories alright