We have had lots of nice comments on our yard this year so I took a couple pictures
And, I took a hike today up Bell Canyon:
This is lower Bell Canyon Reservoir
Bell Canyon Creek
Bell Canyon Falls: this is about a 3 mile hike with about a 1500 feet elevation change. It is fairly rugged - steep, and the trail is mostly rocks about a mile after you leave the lower reservoir. These falls are large, about 30 feet across and 150 feet high. You may have heard earlier this spring about the young couple (first date) who tried to cross the stream above the falls - they were running VERY high. He jumped across on some rocks, she tried, fell in, he grabbed her and she pulled him in. They both went over the falls. Somehow he survived (when you look at the falls I don't know how). She did not; they did not find her for 3 days - she had been pushed downstream and eventually they found her caught under a log. Sad - but the falls are beautiful.

6 comments:
Great pictures Dad! Your yard does look especially nice this year. Wanna come do ours now?
I hadn't heard about that couple who had such a terrible first date. So sad.
Your yard is SO pretty. The few flowers I bought this year are totally dead and gone. I don't know how you do it.
The hike looks beautiful as well. I hadn't heard about the sad couple, I'd sure be mad if I was her family! Horrible first date, eh?
Loved the pictures...and the one you sent by phone-text message. Pretty cool.
Sweet pictures! I heard about that couple because I read KSL.com every day. I'm weird that way,
I want grass as green as yours!
-gym
David and Carma...your yard is beautiful. Those falls are also incredible. I did read about that couple, so sad. I wish we were closer and I would hike with you. Dan doesn't like hiking and I do! Have a great day...hope to Steven and Janet in the morning here in Hyrum.
Post a Comment