We went to our "Murtaugh High School" class reunion (held on Friday evening and Saturday in Twin Falls, ID) this past weekend. Carma's sister Rita went with us. They combined the reunion for many class years (1945 - 1960) since the class sizes are all so small. That 15 year span included 240 graduates of MHS and there were over 90 of us who attended the reunion. Since we were the class of "59" we were some of the youngest in attendance. Imagine that!!
Their were 18 in our graduating class and 12 of them made it to the reunion - pretty good. So, here we are, the class of 1959, just 51 years out of high school. I won't try to identify anyone for you - you don't know any of them anyway. (Except for those who know our relatives - that's Linda Goodman in the yellow outfit.) Two of our classmates are deceased and one they could not locate. And, two that we double dated with all the time, who were our closest friends in high school, live nearby (Kimberly, for those who know the area) but had a granddaughter getting married in Utah on the same day so we didn't get to see them.
Anyway, it was fun catching up on old times. And confirmed my unalterable view, that growing up on a farm in Idaho it about as good as it gets. (And, as you can see, some age better than others.) We also stopped and visited with Aunt Marva, Uncle Dale, and Brian on our way - sorry, forgot to take pictures while there.
But, I took a picture of the new Twin Falls temple, which is very close to the Snake River Canyon and, like all the temples, a beautiful building.
View (below) from under the bridge (west side) looking North.
Well, when I noticed a second person jump off the bridge, I grabbed my camera case and got my camera out just in time to zoom in just a bit before he landed. You can just see the top of his (red) paraglider just as he gets to the shore line to land. (The little red piece in the lower center of the picture). Anyway, I hadn't seen the bridge in many years and it was certainly the first time I ever saw somebody jump off. Apparently they let them do it on weekends when weather conditions are right. Fun!

3 comments:
that's incredible. sounds like fun!
-gym
So awesome! Sounds like it was fun. Did Rita love it?
I can't believe people jump off bridges for fun.
David, what a treat to read of your reunion and to see these pictures. I had almost forgotten how high that bridge is! I have been across it more times than I can count, but it is still a thrill to see it again. I have my 55th High School reunion in Ontario in September and we are looking forward to that experience. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary as well. Take care and hope to see you soon. Donna
Post a Comment