30 June 2008

Seinfeld

We started Friday night off at PF Chang's in Salt Lake City. Ellen, Jared, Delos, Misty and I met Dave, Sara, and CJ down there. Ellen was having a good, non-throw-up day (after losing 14 pounds in the past few weeks) but we didn't want to push it, so we asked to eat outside so she wouldn't have the added smells to deal with. It was beastly hot and the sun was on us for a while but after it started going down, it was downright pleasant, although Delos couldn't stop asking the waiter for shade and a fan. Dinner was delish, and of course we had to share some great walls of chocolate at the end. mmmmboy, was it ever delish.

We walked from Chang's to Abravanel Hall. We were on the 2nd tier, 3rd row, dead center. Ignore the grainy cell phone pic, I'm so glad Delos took one at all! Tom Poppa opened for Seinfeld, and I was feeling really nervous because I know Seinfeld's comedy is generally clean, and I hadn't ever heard of this guy. There were a few "yikes" moments, but mostly he was hilarious. Laugh out loud, seriously funny dude. And then....out runs JERRY SEINFELD! It was so exciting!! I couldn't believe it was actually him! And he kept doing that funny yell that he does on the show sometimes...totally cracked me up. He was sooo funny.A few of my favorite moments from the show:

"SALT LAKE CITY!! You got the salt, you got the lake, you got the city - You are a triple threat!"

"I think the world would be a much better place if people would just realize that 'sucks' and 'great' are not that different. I mean think about it - a hot dog at a baseball game sucks, but you say it's great...And you have an ice cream cone that is soo good and the ice cream falls off? That sucks! But you throw your hands in the air and whaddya say? 'Oh great!'"

"Until I got married, I didn't realize I had so many 'tones' in my voice. The voice that I am using right now to communicate with you people . . . . . . is not welcome in my home."

There were so many others, I wish I could think of them. Hopefully some of the others will comment and leave some of the other funny moments that I wish I could remember. It was so great (it did NOT suck) and I would love to do it again sometime!! Thanks for coming everyone!

1 comment:

russandkatie said...

Thanks Emily for your comment! My sister-in-law lives in Lehi and I am going to be seeing her in a couple weeks in St. George so I will see if she can go over there and get them for me!

P.S. I'm jealous you got to go to Seinfeld!!!