
Misty got a new "fun" car this weekend. We needed something with better gas mileage, so what better than a convertible slug bug!?? It's pure heave. 31 MPG, leather seats and all, the special edition "beige" or cream color with a brown top. It's been a little cold, be we've had it out this weekend. So the Z is now parked in Mom's garage, and I'll try to sell it. Pilot is in the back of the garage for use when we need more room, but Misty is supposed to use this car now for nice-weather day-to-day stuff. Kids loooove it.
10 comments:
Looks like fun. Think you'll all fit in it when you drive to NM?
holy cow. i can't believe you just bought another car. that's awesome!
-gym
John Paul wants to know the year, engine and mileage of the Z. He thinks he wants it if the price is right.
Cute car! Now I'll have something to borrow when I'm there for 3 weeks without my own car... Perfect!
hello
So, the Z is a 1979 Datsun (not nissan yet!) 280ZX. 165,000 original miles, about 200 in the last 7 years. Mostly been in my garage except to occassionally start it up and drive around the block. The engine is a 2.8L (fuel injected...pretty good for a '79!). The 280 in a Z car indicates engine size (old 240z's were 2.4L, 300zx is 3.0L, etc.). It's 30 years old now, so it's got it's share of issues. A/C compressor is not hard-wired with a switch dad ran under the dash (not currently charged with freon). Vacuum lines for the air-vent flow need repair again (air only comes out of the defroster right now), this has happened about 10 times over the years. passenger electric window goes down every time...but only goes up about every 20 times you press the "up" button....Put it up for sale last summer for $3000 and got an offer as high as $2200 but couldn't part with it for that. But I'd sell to y'all for $2k to keep it in the family!
I meant "a/c compressor is NOW (not "not") hardwired.."
Sara can definitely borrow it for the 3 weeks.
I meant I would borrow the new slug bug, not the Z!
sweet!
Post a Comment