03 March 2008

Allergies

Whelp, we got back from the allergist today and it looks like Charlie is allergic to almost everything known to man.


Not really, but I'm really struggling trying to think of what I'm going to make for dinner. This is a list of foods that need to be completely eliminated from his diet for the next 3 months:

  • Rice
  • Chicken
  • Tomatoes
  • Chocolate (& cola drinks)
  • Milk and all milk products (cheese, yogurt, ice cream)
  • Yeast (all breads, tortillas etc.)
  • Strawberries
  • Green beans (one of the few vegetables he used to eat)
  • Mushrooms and
  • Cinnamon

After 3 months, we can gradually start to add one food back at a time and see how he responds. He's also very allergic to grass, weeds and trees and so CJ and I will start giving him shots at home every 3 days. And he needs to take Zyrtec daily.

I know I could make ham and potatoes for him and he could eat a taco (without cheese - the Dr. said corn tortillas are okay occasionally) and he can eat pasta or noodles but no sauce or butter. If you have any great ideas or recipes, please pass them along. We're gonna need all the help we can get!

4 comments:

Ammon said...

I'm not sure you're interested, but my friend's son had a bunch of the same allergies and she was referred by a friend to an alternative medicine doctor. She was really skeptical at first, but out of other options/ideas. His allergies are completely gone now.
I don't know, it might be worth a try...

Emily said...

yes and i've heard eating local, natural honey can help with the plant allergies.

this is SO AWFUL, i'm so sorry dude. for you and poor charlie too!

Holly or James said...

just give him lots of sprite and gatorade - sorry dude!

Unknown said...

what about peanuts and other nuts? This terrible, I feel very sorry for you.