25 November 2007

Funny things on a Sunday

I haven't been online for several days now and I have lots of things to post but tonight I'll have to settle on a few funny things that happened today. Just as a teaser to hopefully get you interested in future posts, we totally completed our bedroom and bathroom over the holiday break and I'm excited to take pictures and show you the change. And we got most of our Christmas decorations up too. But here are the highlights of my Sunday:

Funny thing #1 - Charlie asked me this morning if I was "pegrint" - I honestly thought he was saying penguin the first 2 times he asked me. He was wondering when he's going to get a baby brother. I'm not by the way.

Funny thing #2 - In the van on the way home from church Hannah told us that she heard a story in Primary about Jesus healing 10 jaguars and only 1 came back to thank him. Get it? She heard the word "leper" and thought it was "leopard" and told us it was jaguars. Hi-larious!!

Funny thing #3 - Hannah was tired and thus a little out of sorts today and it was wearing on everyone's nerves during lunch. To make a long story short, she asked for a sandwich which I fixed her and she promised to eat the whole thing. After a few bites she announced that she didn't like it and wouldn't eat it and she wanted something else. So CJ told her to forget that idea and said she HAD to eat the sandwich. A tantrum ensued during which Hannah said, "I canNOT believe you are going to force me to eat a sandwich that I hate." And CJ replied, "well believe it because you're about to live it." I had to leave the room! That guy cracks me up sometimes.

5 comments:

Emily said...

hilarious! what ended up happening?

Sara said...

she ate the whole thing! He rarely put his foot down, but when he does, you really have to watch out!

Ammon said...

In our family we say,"You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!"

side note: The other day, Carly was helping me bake and I asked for a spoon. She handed me a baby spoon and when I said, "No, I wanted a BIG one" she returned with...
"Mom, you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!"

My, oh my, how my own medicine tastes bitter!

Emily said...

hilarious!

Holly or James said...

Don't you just love kids and the things they say?

-Holly