
A few girls in our ward went to a children's museum in Ogden today and my neighbor Allison invited me to come along. We've hung out outside with our kids a few times and she's really nice, so I was very excited. The museum turned out to be closed, but we went to a place next door where you can fly in a huge wind chamber, surf in this awesome surfing pool, there's a huge climbing wall, you can play putt-putt in the dark, tons of stuff. Anyway, while the kids were running around and playing, my "friend" Allison got a call from her husband...her house was on fire. She lives in the building across the street from mine, on the 2nd floor like us. In case you think I'm kidding, here's a picture of the fire truck in our parking lot. I feel so bad for her. She has a 3 month old and a 15-month-old. Another neighbor has the kids while they're out talking to the fire investigators. I took lunch over for the little boy and she's going to bring the baby over here when he's ready for a nap (the neighbor who has them doesn't have any kids, so she was at a loss as to what to feed them, where to put them, etc.). I sure hope they have insurance.

8 comments:
That is crazy!!! Is their house damaged badly?
Oh that STINKS!
Ammon and I lived in an apartment in Houston that was struck by lightning and it had an electrical fire...all we lost was our TV and telephone.
Hopefully she'll be as lucky!
that really sucks. lucky they weren't home to chance getting stuck in the fire.
i guess it started in their closet, but they're not really sure how. the 15 month old plays in there a lot, so they think somehow he could have taken something in there that possibly caught fire? but we were gone at least an hour before her husband called her, so that isn't very likely. it seems more likely to be faulty wiring or something. so they lost all their clothes and their bedding is ruined, but the rest of their house is fine (mostly smells really bad). the rest of the people in that building have to keep their doors and windows open for a few days to get the smoke smell out. i'm buying a fire extinguisher TODAY and checking all of the batteries in our smoke detectors.
When we moved in I bought three smoke detectors and we just bought a fire extinguisher. Where are they staying now?
they'll stay at her mom's in spanish fork until their insurance gives them money for a hotel (spanish fork is probably an hour and a half from here at least and her husband works just down the street)...
That was always my biggest fear growing up. I was always SO afraid that our house would catch fire!
yeah me too, especially since my bedroom didn't have a window.
Post a Comment