I put two of my four iron decorations up above my mantle but now I'm not sure if I like it. I need some honest opinions here--anyone who has one can tell me. I may or may not listen to your opinion, I just have a hard time deciding (and I won't be offended if you don't like it at all!) I can move them down and put two more above these ones, I can leave the two how they are, or I could put these above my bed instead and find something else above the mantle. What do you think?
12 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
They look really cool!
But honest opinion- the 2 of them look a little odd where they're placed. I think something else might look better above the fireplace and then put all 4 above the bed (which sounds like it would look really great).
so you wouldn't put up all 4 (move the current ones down a little and put 2 more on top)?
They DO look cool! But I see your dilemma. Decisions, decisions. I've seen iron stuff like that at Kohl's. Where did you get them? I'm going to guess Ikea, but I'm asking anyway. :P I love pictures. So, maybe those in the bedroom and pictures above the fireplace? All 4 might look cool over the fireplace if you decide to do that. Are you using power tools, Em? I'm so impressed . . .
i wouldn't put them above the bed...wouldn't want that hitting my head!
-james
that's what dave said
stacy, the COOLEST store here in utah, it's called rodworks. you can go to their website and see some of their stuff. i have it all. i have a different rod from rodworks that i'm going to hang picture frames from with ribbon, that will go on the opposite wall so i probably don't want family pictures above the mantle, but maybe a pretty painting or a mirror? i AM using powertools, i told dave i felt like rosie the riveter. he said he didn't know who that was.
I think they are super cool!
I would put all 4...move those 2 down a bit and put 2 more above those. :-) How is that for actually having a bold opinion?
Then you can put cool candles etc on the mantle. It will be gorgeous!
Ok, even if you do something else...I want to see the finished project. I am also decorating a mantel at this very moment as well!
I have really good christmas decorations for my mantle that i cannot WAIT to put up.
I think you should keep just those two but move one up and one down a little bit. So they aren't perfectly next to eachother, do you know what I mean? (And MAYBE in the empty spots you could do something different, maybe smaller things). I think that all four might overwhelm the fireplace. It's beautiful, but with the size of the decorations it might just be too much. Anyway, that's my opinion! Those are really cool though!
Lots of opinions you get to decide between! (I want to see pictures of what you end up doing). And I hadn't thought about hitting your head if they're above the bed. At least you don't live in earthquake ridden Cal.
The first thing I thought was, it would be cool if there were 4 above the fireplace. So, that's probably what I would do.
-Holly
I would put all 4 above the fireplace
i would put all 4 above the fireplace too or a mirror.
I'm going to agree with most of the others and say move the 2 you have up down a little and put all 4 up.
Hey Em,
Off subject but, What's your guys' new address? I just realized since you've moved I need to update my address book. (:
thanks!
-Holly
I wouldn't put a mirror up there, dumb. how about a giant painting of yourself, or kramer?!
-james
I think with decorations that pretty you can't go wrong! But, if it were my place, I'd hang all four above the mantle--très chic!
I'm so excited for you that you have a mantle. I love the rod iron. It looks great!!
thanks everyone. i ended up putting all 4 up since that seemed to be the consensus. it actually looks really good, even though they are not all the exact same size apparently. i could not have measured more exactly and they look a little off...but it still looks pretty good i think. i'll post pictures sometime. i got out all of my fall/halloween decorations and i'm SO excited about it. i love this time of year. our house feels totally different now that we finally have something on the walls! gym, we decided to put the kramer above our bed.
Post a Comment