About a mile from our house, there is a mountain side and canyon behind the new Draper Temple called Corner Canyon. It's about a one and a half or two mile hike to the top. A little stream, Corner Canyon Creek flows down through the canyon. I hiked it this morning and thought I would share a few pictures.
This is Ghost Falls, a small but pleasant waterfall near the top of Corner Canyon.
The trees are still mostly green near the bottom of the canyon but as you get near the top, they're turning to lovely fall colors.
On the way up and from the top of the canyon, I used the telephoto and took a picture of the valley and the backside of the Draper Temple (under construction). You can see it's coming along pretty well. The groundbreaking was in August of 2006 so it should be completed about a year from now.

4 comments:
pretty cool lookin' place. shouldn't you be taking it easy, dad?
The MD said I could do all the walking I wanted, and he didn't say I couldn't go hiking. Soooo, that's what I did. I'm pretty much all better!
looks very nice. love the colors! makes me miss draper.
It's so great to see and hear that you're up walking and hiking again. (: That makes me so happy.
Great photos too! I'm sure James would love to go hiking with you too sometime.
-Holly
Post a Comment