10 May 2007

You have no idea how hard it is to get mom to take a picture now! This is Caesarea, where King Agrippa had a very nice summer home. I want one here too. Paul preached here to Agrippa and then was sent to the world to teach. I am Delos I am stupid. This is the door to the preaching of the gospel to all the world. Peter had his vision down the road at Joppa that 'no man is common' and then sent Paul out, not just to teach to the house of Israel anymore. Cool.

Caesarea, we stopped to play in the mediterranean. The water went right over dad's shoe in this picture!

The roman aquaducts from fresh water dozens of miles a away to Agrippa's house at Caesarea. Up on top there is a trough that carried the water. It's neat up there, I climbed up.



This is the view from the top of Mt. Carmel. There is so much free natural carmel growing on the trees that is yumy to eat! This is where Elijah confronted the priests of Baal. He learned that ours is a God that answers with fire. On one extreme occasion with real fire, now with a more powerful fire, a witness of the holy ghost, each to let us know who the true God is.


Me and Elijah about to cut down the priests of Baal.




We started the day in Haifa, up north near lebanon, where the hezbolla always fires rockets when they get mad. There are two LDS missionaries buried here. They died of small pox in 1895. They are the key reason the LDS church has a presence here and got the BYU center. Israel refused any non-established religions when they received independance in 1948. These graves proved LDS presence, and is the reason they were sent to live and die here (say the prophets) . Very sweet place. Our bishiop told us the story of these guys at our home teaching visit just a week and a half ago.





10 comments:

Holly or James said...

Wow, the places you guys are visiting are absolutely amazing. Caesarea looks fantastic, right on the Mediterranean, wow!
-Did dad's shoe dry off?
-I never knew about the two Mormon missionaries, that's so cool.
-James

Delos said...

Man, how often do you monitor this blog? I barely put this up. I didn't know about those missionaries until last week when our home teacher/bishop mentioned this John Clark. the other was Adolf Haag, who's parents were from Germany but he was born in Payson, UT; Elder clark was from Farmington UT. Didn't even know missionaries were being sent to Palestine in the 1800's. It's just amazing.

Dad's shoes dried in about 100 hours

Emily said...

hi-larious. i monitor blog all day long. did you notice my addition to it?

MOM! You look AMAZING! How did you ever look so beautiful?! I need more and more pictures of you!

(will that help?)

Anonymous said...

Frank leaves tomorrow for Israel...maybe you'll run into each other in the streets somewhere!

Emily said...

really? what's he doing there? why didn't you go with him?

Delos said...

Yes, that will help a lot. thanks Em!

Mom

Anonymous said...

He is going there for work. This will be his second trip there.

Why aren't I going? Um. 4 kids? Costs money. I could probably go on...but those seem like the most obvious reasons! LOL

Emily said...

delos and misty have 3 and it didn't stop them! wimp! heh heh heh.

Holly or James said...

My mother's maiden name is Susan Clark. How funny.

Emily said...

weird!