30 May 2007

Summer begins!

Well. SCHOOL'S OUT and summer vacay has officially begun for our family. We spent Saturday at the Houston Zoo - early enough to miss some of the heat and humidity. Here are Hannah and Charlie in a prairie dog exhibit. The kids go through a little tunnel and actually pop up right in the middle of the animals.
Here they are captaining a boat in the children's zoo. What's with the dorky smiles?
CJ was off for Memorial Day so I asked him how he wanted to spend the day and he said, "in nature." Since it was pouring rain I asked if he had any other ideas and he said, "in nature with an umbrella?" We ended up seeing Shrek the Third. The kids (and CJ) loved it and I thought it was pretty funny. The pinocchio part was my favorite - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about...
Then yesterday was our weekly outing with the RS "moms and tots" group. We went to a fun place called Bounce On It. They have a great new CARS slide and the kids loved it. Lots of races down the slide.
I even went down this slide a couple of times (and have a "slide burn" on my elbow to prove it - ouch!) but luckily, no one got any pictures of me! What are you guys doing for summer break???

5 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like so much fun. We saw Shrek too but Noah didn't think it was too funny, so me and Dave took turns going out. I had no idea that Artie was Justin Timberlake. Weird. I wonder if Cameron Diaz got him that job before they broke up. We're not doing anything fun for the summer except Aspen Grove.

Sara said...

yeah, I wondered that about Justin Timberlake too. I only knew he was Artie from news stories I had heard about it. I had two extra kids here today and it siped me out! I have no idea how you handled 5 kids for 3 weeks!!! % hours almost did me in!

Did you see that hi-larious pinocchio part in Shrek? I was in hysterics! Want to see it again just for that part!

Sara said...

oops, I meant "Wiped me out" not "Siped me out". Plus, I also meant "5" hours, not "%" hours. How many jimmys can I do in one comment? I really must be siped out! hi-larious!

Emily said...

heh heh heh...that pinocchio WAS funny. he's a good non-liar!

Holly or James said...

we saw the shrek and laughed our buns off. looks like you guys had some fun days.