07 May 2007

The best thing about our baby-sitting experience so far? Honesty.

Tonight Isaac and Alex were outside jumping on the trampoline and I heard Alex scream at Isaac and Isaac started crying. I came out and she said "did you hear what I said?" and I said no, so she told me what she'd said, word for word, then apologized and told me what she should have said instead. Then tonight as I was walking down the stairs she said,

"Emily, are you pregnant again?"
"No," I said.
"Oh. It sure looks like it," she replied, looking me up and down.

Nice. Gotta love honesty.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'll have you all know Dave just asked me too.

Emily said...

(he would like to add that it's not due to my appearance)

Anonymous said...

You gotta love kids! I had one summer when I was asked 8 TIMES if I was pregnant! and I wasn't even feeling like I was all that chubby at the time...The bad news is that not all the "askers" were kids. :-(

You can see I've never forgotten exactly how many people asked me that summer! LOL

Holly or James said...

I am GLAD i'm not a woman! and i sure do like that Alex, she's hilarious
-James