16 May 2007

And the fun continues...

Isaac came into our room last night throwing up. It was only then (around 1:00 am) that we discovered the kids' bathroom toilet was clogged. I tried to plunge it for about half an hour, then Dave tried for at least that long, but neither of us could unclog it. I called Delos and Misty but they didn't answer so I left a message asking them if we should call a plumber. We then went to bed. In the morning, we woke up to find this on the kitchen ceiling (Austin was the first to notice):

We ran upstairs and scooped bucketfuls of water out of the toilet and flushed them down the other toilets and got towels to dry up the water, then I got to work calling plumbers. I called about 5 before I found one that could send somebody right away....

Rescue Rooter to the rescue!!!

The clog is gone but it appears the damage has already been done. The water has stopped dripping through the ceiling but I don't know how to fix it. I guess we'll leave it for Delos and Misty to take care of when they get home. I thought the plumber would do something about it but he said "A carpenter will have to fix that." Ummm, okay, what did we just pay you $138 for? I could've snaked the toilet myself. I was worried about the stupid ceiling. Since this is about the 24th time we've had a clogged toilet in the last 2 weeks, we've made a "3 squares of toilet paper" rule for the kids until their parents get home. We'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Update: The water in the ceiling apparently dried up. The weird bubble is gone and the ceiling looks smooth again. It must've been the 3 Nephites!

8 comments:

Holly or James said...

You guys sound like you are having the best time!
-James

Jessica said...

You're still the best storyteller! But the pictures to go along with it are an added bonus!

Emily said...

Thanks! I was just telling Ellen about how you guys used to call me Storyteller. Sooo embarrassing.

Sara said...

Em, I'm beginning to wonder what will happen next, but I'm almost afraid to ask! You ARE a great storyteller though...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Holly or James said...

Why are you called Storyteller?
-James

Emily said...

You know how some people let others talk about themselves? Not me. As soon as somebody starts talking, I always have a story about that same thing that happened to me! My freshman year in college I was constantly doing that and telling lame stories, so they started calling me the storyteller. That's what we named our newsletter that we sent to friends on missions!!

Holly or James said...

Plumbing problems. . . . reminds me of our place in Tualatin. We had a clogged toilet probably every other day! ! We had really bad piping or something. Our plunger was the best purchase we ever made!

Ammon said...

Okay, who went in there last?!
Wasn't me!