We started with a nice fire to roast hot dogs, but realized we'd forgotten to bring skewers. Delos whittled down a stick he found and began roasting.

But after he proceeded to drop six hot dogs into the fire (well, he did five and I did one)....

...then Dad found some old hangers in the trash that we decided to use (no, I'm not kidding).

Austin enjoyed a trash-hanger-dog...

...while David and Alex enjoyed some trash-hanger-s'mores. After Alex ate hers, she proceeded to roll around in the dirt to get the maximum amount of dirt stuck to the marshmallow face.

Alex got a good picture of Noah's "stink face"...

...then Isaac tried the slide...

...and Dave tried the slide...

...I stood in the background looking pretty...

...while Dad rocked Noah to sleep.

We finished with a lesson about Jesus casting the money-changers out of the temple and a rousing rendition of "Happy Family". A good time was had by all.

4 comments:
Ah man, we are missing out on way too much living here on the east coast!
-James
Way to be resourceful Dad! You USE those trash-hangers!
It was pure heave. esp dropping not one, not two, not 3, but 6 hot dogs in the fire. Em, how come I always have to set up the activities? set some stuff up for us!
How about an Easter egg hunt Easter morning?
Post a Comment