14 March 2007





A Beautiful Day in our Nation's Capitol



Saturday was the perfect day that allowed us to just "get away from it all". We took a day trip to Washington D.C. to see my sister Heidi, and to see only a few of the magnificent sights there. It was Caleb's and Holly's first time to the Natural History Museum. We took a leisurely stroll down The Mall and basked in the gorgeous 60 degree weather (when it was only in the 20s the day before)as James chased around with Caleb. James said it reminded him a lot of when he was young how he used to play soccer with his friends on that very field. James took the boys into the Space Museum while the girls chatted and munched on goodies while enjoying the day. We didn't get home that night until almost 10pm. I managed to get a picture of Caleb on the ride there. . . and on the ride home. BOY do we know how to PARTY!

9 comments:

Holly or James said...

I don't remember ever playing soccer on the mall? I do remember playin' football!
I told holly i used to play "ball" and she assumed I meant soccer...my bad!!

Emily said...

sure gym. me and dad just read that and looked at each other and said "when did he play soccer on the mall?" any ball for that matter? gym, how is holly blogging if her name doesn't show up on the side? should i reinvite her?

ellen said...

well when did you play football on the mall? I think gym's got some konk head stories of his own

Holly or James said...

James just wants to try and impress me with the glorious life he used to have when he was 15. Tryin' to impress the wife. -Holly

Also, I log in under James' user name, don't have my own yet.

Holly or James said...

i used to play frizbee and football with tommy down there, prolly did it half a dozen times at least!

Emily said...

yeah yeah, you did everything with tommy because no one else was around to vouch for it.

Emily said...

hey, where's caleb's seatbelt?!

Holly or James said...

it's on, he always squirms out of the arm straps while we're driving...drives us CRAZY!!

ellen said...

you're full of it, you went downtown with tommy half a dozen times, I don't think so