Driving on I-15 to do some Christmas shopping, I was rear-ended when I had to hit my brakes as traffic slowed very quickly. The other driver was taken to the hospital and couldn't give her statement at the scene but is now claiming I changed lanes into her (even though I had been in the far right-hand lane for at least a mile, if not more). Her insurance is believing her, and I can see why. At first glance it does look as if it was a side impact crash. But at closer inspection, especially of her car, it's obvious she hit me from behind. You couldn't get that kind of damage to the front of her car from a side-impact crash. It's ridiculous. You can see the skid marks on my (white) car where she initially hit me and then went underneath, turning the wheel completely sideways. The police pushed my car over to the shoulder so I wouldn't be blocking traffic but before that, my wheel was turned completely perpendicular to my car. That couldn't have happened in a side crash. I'm really upset about it, but luckily I didn't have the kids with me so I'm the only one who's sore. I mostly don't want to have to pay the $500 deductible since it was her fault. The most disappointing part is that she had
her scriptures on the front seat, which I assume means she's LDS, and she's lying about what happened so she doesn't have to pay or increase her insurance premiums. So she's going to do that to us, the people who can least afford to have to pay more insurance. That's very annoying!
03 December 2006
how i spent my weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment